Advice For Myself
Maybe other people might find this useful, too.
- Contribute to someone
else’s safety, health, or pleasure. Secure your own oxygen mask before
helping others — so that you can help others.
- Do 1 thing at a time. Multitasking is counter-productive.
- Eat a moderate amount of a wide variety of foods. Eat breakfast. Reduce (but
don’t completely eliminate) sugar and alcohol.
- Listen to even more kinds of music, even more often.
- Read even more kinds of text, even more often. Read more long-form than
- The mind is the body. Meditate, in some form, for at least 30 minutes each
day. Walk at least 10,000 steps each day.
- Clean your body, clean your clothes, clean your home.
- Prefer craft and technique to tools. But do use the best tools, and take
care of them.
- Doubt yourself — but not too much. Doubt yourself before doubting others,
but do avoid confirmed fools.
- Nail the fundamentals. Be open to improvising around the fundamentals.
- “The shortest answer is doing the thing.” — Ernest Hemingway
- Habits are free. (That can be bad.) Be aware of your habits and break them
if necessary, or even just to change perspective.