Goals for Material Wealth
Update 30 Oct 2012: Although my car is paid for ... I have a
30 Aug 2003
In the words of Robert Fripp, my goal is to become “a small, mobile,
intelligent unit.” I celebrate Dinah’s Discardia holiday.
- Be debt-free and hold at least 12 months’ living expenses in liquid at
- Have assets sufficient to sustain at least one other family member if
- Own nothing that I can’t replace with cash on-hand or can live
- Own nothing that requires maintenance I can’t do myself.
- Own nothing that I have not used in nine months or more, or have no
probability of greatly needing someday.
- Own no disposable things.
- Be able to transport everything I own by myself.
- Eliminate recurring debts.
- Own nothing that unduly damages the world in its use or is dangerous to
people or animals.